Monday, April 9, 2012

Be Intentional

Which areas of your life are you intentional about? In other words, what are you putting your time and energy into? Are you investing time into school? Your job? If you are married, are you investing in your relationship with your wife? What about your family? The church? How about with the Lord?

Intentionality plays out in my life in a number of ways. For me, a major area in which I am intentional is with my brothers and sisters in the faith. I set aside time to invest in them together as well as each one of them individually. I definitely believe I possess the spiritual gift of encouragement and investing in their lives is very important to me. And there is a number of ways in which I do so. Asking questions that get to their heart to see what's going on inside. How I can support them through prayer as a friend/brother. Setting up a regular time to hang out and talk as well as just fellowship together through various activities. I've had some great experiences with this on a number of occasions whether it be just talking over Starbucks or battling it out airsoft-style in the woods.

I try to invest my time as well. When I build relationships with most people, I continue caring about them and attempt to stay connected with them. Even if I'm not in a close relationship with them, I still try to check in and see how things are going. For some people I know, I hope my intentionality with them will be lifelong.

Most importantly, our relationship with God is what we should be most intentional about. Each day I try to deepen my relationship with Him. And the cool thing is that through prayer, the Word, and relationships with other believers I am able to. There are times when I feel as though my relationship with the Lord suffers the most when it should always be my number one priority. Sometimes we are intentional in all the other things and we tend to forget that He must come first. After all, He is the reason we are being intentional about everyone and everything else.

Christ should be the main focus in all areas. Your marriage. Your friendships. Work. Recreation. He bought you with His blood. He should be the center of the life that He bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment